Friday, July 1, 2011

A--HOLES VS. ASSETS

Introductory note: There is an all male club in the Heber-Overgaard area called the A--hole Club. (You can imagine who might be one of the founding members.) The associated all female club is called The Assets.

Cougina has asked me to explain to you how an 87 year old a--hole can snatch up a 54 year old upper middle class urban woman and turn her into an asset. The short answer is that the only alternative offered was to be turned into a frog.

Everyone I have met who knows Cougina, acknowledges the a--hole side of his personality. Some people see, to a greater or lesser degree, other aspects of his personality, but the a--hole is always lurking. He acknowledges that he is the biggest spoiled brat ever to be born. My psychologically oriented friends might say that C is narcissistic (not my OLLU classmates, however, who would never think of making a diagnosis), and they would be technically correct.

Drawing upon the comments of many people I have known, I have the classic “nice girl” personality. My analyst (James Hollis, are you reading?) has invited me to join his 12 step program, Nice People’s Anonymous.

So, how can I be so happy sleeping in a van with him every night and following him around every day? Am I just another codependent? Well… if you’re following the blog, you know that I think he’s the greatest magician since sliced bread. I want a lot more of what he has, and I can’t think of a better way to get it than to spend time with him, so I have been highly motivated to understand, and thus tolerate, his a--holism. (A discussion of his alcoholism will have to wait.)

I can’t say that I fully understand, but here is what I’ve come up with so far. 1. It’s mostly a teaching device. He throws people into a state of judgment. 2. It’s a question of balance, balancing little self with higher Self. 3. It is sometimes just being an a--hole, plain and simple.

TO BE CONTINUED… THE OLD MAN HAS THREATENED TO WHIP ME THIS EVENING IF I DON’T SHUT DOWN RIGHT NOW…

THINK GREEN
BLESSED BE
AGGIE

2 comments:

Alan said...

Over the years I have found that most 550 year old personalities tend to have A-Hole sides to them. Just remember to put him on 'THE RACK' or in an 'IRON MAIDEN' from time to time to mellow out that side of him.

Alan said...

Over the years I have found that most 550 year old personalities tend to have A-Hole sides to them. Just remember to put him on 'THE RACK' or in an 'IRON MAIDEN' from time to time to mellow out that side of him.